PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
The team Planning & Control at PAX is looking for a new colleague:
Senior Project Controller
(28 – 36 hours per week)
As a team, we have an important supporting role. We are responsible for the policy and management of financial resources and for financial-administrative processes.
What will you do?
As a Senior Project Controller you are responsible, together with the Planning & Control team, for our major programs financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This means that you are the point of contact for the partners in these alliances and that you are responsible for monitoring the programs together with the program managers. You prepare the consolidated reports and annual plans and implement the donor’s guidelines. In addition, you provide input when drawing up program proposals.
You will also carry out internal checks within PAX. These include time registration, purchasing policy, authorizations and relationships with partners, such as audits, assessments and partner contracts.
What do we ask?
- Five years of work experience in a similar position;
- Professional knowledge at HBO level (HBO BE/AC, SPD);
- Knowledge of financial administrative processes, project control, planning & control, monitoring & evaluation and financial & planning systems;
- Experience with institutional donors, familiar with internal controls. Accounting experience is a plus;
- Good English skills in both speaking and writing are important. Dutch is a plus;
- Proactivity and precision: a skilled communicator who can plan and organize well;
- A team player with a sharp analytical mind.
What do we offer?
- An interesting position in a dynamic, informal, international working environment;
- Appointment for 36 hours per week (1 fte), less hours are negotiable. Initially for a period of 12 months with the option to extend;
- Salary scale 11 according to the PKN employment conditions (depending on experience min. € 3.330,14 to max. € 5.329,37 gross based on 36 hours per week);
- Vacation allowance of 8% and end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
- Full reimbursement of commuting expenses by public transport 2nd class;
- Possibility for hybrid working (on average 50% at the office);
- Location of our office is in the centre of Utrecht.
Procedure and information
For more information, see our website www.paxvoorvrede.nl.
For questions about the position please contact Peter Visser, Team Leader Planning & Control, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your motivation letter and CV addressed to Peter Visser no later than 3 September 2023 solely via the following application form.
Interviews will be scheduled during the week of 11 September 2023.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.