PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
Within PAX, team Planning & Control is responsible for policy and management of financial resources and the management of financial-administrative processes (especially with regard to the administrative organization and internal control (AO/IB)). The team supports the policy and program teams by properly and carefully organizing, implementing and safeguarding the work processes. Project Control falls under team Planning & Control.
To strengthen the financial department we are looking for a
Project Controller (0,89-1,0 fte)
Responsibilities and tasks
As a project controller you are responsible for the effective support of program teams in all activities related to project management, including planning, budgeting, project administration (in collaboration with project and financial administration staff), reporting, donor application submission, contract management and risk management. Close cooperation within the program teams in your portfolio is necessary. You act as a financial conscience and can provide the team the needed financial information. In case of problems, the team coordinator of the program team and the project controller jointly develop solutions. Reports to the donors and Board of Directors are supported by both the team coordinator and the project controller. In terms of time and money (including contracts and other matters), as a project controller you ensure that what needs to be done happens. You create solutions to problems and you support and advise the program team. In addition, from the program portfolio that falls under your responsibility, you are jointly responsible for drawing up annual budgets, quarterly reports and annual accounts.
Who are we looking for
Our ideal candidate is a team player who is also capable of working independently and eager to develop in this field. While taking on strategic tasks, such as budget advice to partners and program staff, the candidate should be willing to fulfil a considerate portion of administrative and book keeping tasks as well. You should also be an good communicator, numerical and analytical, capable of working under stress, and have a hands-on mentality.
- BA degree in relevant discipline, such as accounting or in finance is required;
- 3 years work experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of finance or accounting;
- Highly motivated, active, self-starter who can take initiative;
- Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions;
- Good communicator, with skills to coach and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to manage multiple urgent demands and produce the highest quality work possible under time and resource constraints;
- Excellent Computer skills and experience with accounting software;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English. Understanding of Dutch, oral and written;
- Ability and permission (EU working visa) to work at the office in Utrecht.
- Proven affinity with peace work and PAX’s values and mission.
What we offer
- A dynamic and highly international working environment;
- Place of employment: Utrecht, but with possibilities to work from home due to restrictions as of Covid;
- Appointment for 32 hours per week (0,89 FTE) – 36 hours per week (1FTE), initially for 9 months, with possible extension;
- Starting: as soon as possible;
- 8.3% end of year bonus, and 8% of holiday bonus.
- Scale 9 according to PKN terms and conditions of employment, depending on experience, (€ 2.586,36 tot € 3.759,48 (for a fulltime position, 36 hours per week);
- Full reimbursement of public transport expenses for 2nd class;
Information and application
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter addressed to Marianne Brandt, team coordinator P&C, only by using the application form on the bottom of this page.
Closing date for reactions to this vacancy announcement is Sunday August 22nd 2021
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy
Response date has passed as of 22 augustus 2021.