PAX is the largest international peace organization in the Netherlands. We work to protect civilians against acts of war, to end armed violence and build inclusive peace. We work in conflict areas worldwide, together with local partners and people who, just like us, believe that everyone has a right to a dignified life in a peaceful society.
To realize PAX’s institutional fundraising and program ambitions we are currently looking for an
(32 hours per week)
PAX is successful in winning grants from governments and foundations in multiple countries, including the Dutch, German and US governments. The institutional fundraising team occupies a strategic position within the organisation as institutional funds are by far our biggest source of income. As part of our overall strategy to increase and diversify funding from various sources, we are investing in a role that focuses on building new partnerships and developing winning grant proposals in line with PAX’s strategic priorities.
This position is ideal for an ambitious fundraiser who enjoys seeking new donor opportunities and working with programme specialists to create high quality proposals. We would also welcome an accomplished project manager in peacebuilding or development work who is experienced in managing donor relations.
- Develop, maintain and manage strong relations with new institutional donors including bilateral, multilateral and foundations;
- Take the lead in efficient and successful proposal development processes for both structural and project-based funds;
- Build relationships with program and management staff to collaborate on grant proposals and donor relationship management;
- Contribute to the strategy of institutional fundraising and operational processes;
- Stay up to date with sector and donor trends, attending relevant networking events and conferences to build and maintain relevant partner and donor relationships;
- Advise on donor compliance at the application phase, as well as reviewing grant contracts and negotiating terms.
What we ask for
- University-level professional and intellectual ability;
- Proven successful experience (minimum 5 years) of coordinating complex funding proposals;
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant donor markets and networks;
- Able to work in a systematic and accurate way while positively handling sometimes tight deadlines;
- A happy and culturally sensitive networker, who communicates effectively with different stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience with peace-building in (post) conflict areas is an important asset, preferably within the sector of non-profit and/or international organisations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and preferably Dutch;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer
- A position in a dynamic and international working environment with committed and enthusiastic colleagues;
- An excellent opportunity to balance working from home with working in our centrally located office in Utrecht (the Netherlands);
- An organization with budget and opportunities for personal development;
- Appointment for 32 hours per week (0,89 fte), on a 12-month contract with the intention to extend;
- Salary scale 10 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience min. € 2.792,46 to max. of € 4.669,87 gross for 36 hours per week);
- Full reimbursement of home-to-work travel costs of 2nd class public transport;
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8% holiday-allowance.
Procedure and information
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max. 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) addressed to Martje van Nes, Director Organisation, solely by using the following Application form (nmbrshire.com).
The closing date for reactions to this vacancy announcement is the 3rd of April 2023.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.