PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
For the Europe & Middle East Team we are looking for a
Volunteer for the organization
of events around the war in Ukraine
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organizing one or more events in the Netherlands about the war in Ukraine (mainly the practical part of the organizing, i.e. venue, participants, etc.);
- Gathering information about relevant events of other organizations;
- Identifying and contacting potential partners for organizing events;
- General support of the Ukraine programme at PAX.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, creative;
- Well organized;
- Experience in organizing events about political or social themes;
- Knowledge of the context / region;
- Good command (written and oral) of Dutch and English, knowledge of Ukrainian is a plus;
- Endorsement of PAX’s mission and values.
- A flexible and inspiring working environment, partly at the office in Utrecht, but also partly digital;
- An introduction to the various programs within the largest peace organization in the Netherlands;
- Appointment in consultation, preferably from 1 February / as soon as possible;
- Working hours and duration in consultation, preferably 3 or 4 days a week for a period of 3 months;
- Volunteer allowance up to a maximum of € 180 per month on fulltime basis.
Procedure and information
For more information about PAX: www.paxforpeace.nl.
Applications are reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates will be invited for a job interview. When suitable candidates have been hired, the vacancy will be closed.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.