PAX means peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned citizens worldwide, PAX works to build dignified and peaceful societies across the globe. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace.
Are you passionate about the Middle East, do you have good writing and social media skills and do you want to communicate about our work together with young and creative activists in the Middle East? Well…we’re looking for you then!
Our team is active in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Israel and Yemen. Our work centers around supporting activists and organizations to create space for peaceful connections and relations, fostering relations between different communities and between communities and their authorities. We combine work with local activists with national and international advocacy activities (on EU and UN level).
As per June PAX is looking to recruit an:
Communications intern/volunteer Middle East
The new intern/volunteer will support our team in the communication about our work.
For this internship, we’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic colleague that combines communication skills with a passion for the Middle East. Someone with good writing and social media skills, who can support us to develop tools and strategies for external communication.
- Updating web content for our website Midden-Oosten programma / Middle East Program,
- Developing social media content;
- Contributing to the development of communication materials for our international network of (potential) allies, donors and supporters;
- Contributing to strengthening PAX’ public profile on the Middle East; writing blogs/articles on relevant subjects, reporting on PAX events;
- Bringing in ideas to reach out to new audiences and to use new communication tools.
Our ideal candidate
- Is passionate about the Middle East;
- Is studying or has completed a HBO/ WO Bachelor or Master Communication and (multi) media, Journalism, or likewise
- Is a good writer, fluent in English and Dutch, preferably also Arabic
- Can take up tasks by her/himself; works independently and autonomously;
- Is creative and has experience with lay out/audio/visual tools;
- Eligible to work in the EU;
- Has affinity with the work and mission of PAX.
- A unique experience working within a politically oriented, dynamic peace organization in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Space to come up with and develop your own ideas;
- Appointment in consultation from for a 4-6 month period.
- A dynamic working environment and a nice team at the PAX office in Utrecht;
- Working hours in consultation, at least 16 hours a week.
- Travel expenses and internship remuneration up to a maximum of € 170, - per month based on fulltime working hours.
- In addition to the internship experience, there is also room for personal development. And through meetings and other activities you can further explore the (international) peace work.
Information and procedure
For more information about our Middle East program, visit our webpage.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter (1 page) in English addressed to Evert-Jan Grit (team coordinator team ME). Only by using the application form on the bottom of this page.
Closing date for this vacancy is 1 June 2021. For those selected, interviews will take place in the first week of June 2021.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Apply for this vacancy
Response date has passed as of 30 mei 2021.